Oselia “Bungalow” Project - 2012
In order to serve the need for more seasonal housing, Oselia’s Uprava (“Oselia”) has recognized the potential to convert up to 8 new seasonal units in response to CYM members’ willingness to financially contribute to the future of Oselia and its present operations.
The cost of this project is beyond the financial capabilities of Oselia and, as such, will be financed by individual member/participants (“member”) from an initial donation of $15,000. Once the conversion of a unit (as set forth below) is completed, each member will have the right to yearly lease renewals subject to the customary terms of seasonal leases with rates based on the square footage of the unit, as determined by Oselia. The yearly renewals shall be guaranteed for a period of not less than ten (10) years, providing the following conditions are also adhered to for the duration of that term:
- The member is not in violation of any conditions/terms of the annual lease;
- All payments, dues and/or fees prescribed by the lease are made in a timely manner;
- All Volunteer hours prescribed by the lease are fulfilled without exception;
- Yearly confirmation, in form prescribed by Oselia, is received that the member remainsa current and active member of CYM at the branch or KYCYM level.
The opportunity to participate in this new “bungalow” project will be determined by a lottery system. Once Oselia has determined the number of units that will be made available for this project, Oselia will hold a lottery drawing to pick the winning members. It is anticipated that the number of units available through this lottery will be approximately five to eight at this time. Names will be drawn on May 15, 2012 by Oselia under the supervision of one or more members of KYCYM. Applications are limited to one per family and are not transferable.
Eligibility for Lottery
The following conditions must be met in order to be included in the lottery and have your name inserted on a lottery card for the drawing:
NOTE: Oselia reserves the right to cancel the project at any time with the return of any checks or amounts collected in the event that Oselia determines that, in its sole and absolute discretion the project or any part thereof is for any reason whatsoever no longer viable.
- A credit union, certified, or bank check for $15,000 must be made out to “UAYA Camp” and received by Oselia no later than April 30, 2012. The submitted checks will be held until the time of the lottery. Should a member’s name not be drawn, the check will be returned. Members will not be allowed to withdraw their checks once received and shall be non-refundable once their name is selected.
- Members must submit a fully completed and signed official application together with the above mentioned check to be received by Oselia no later than April 30, 2012. TO OBTAIN AN APPLICATION, PLEASE EMAIL US AT ELLENVILLE-OFFICE@CYM.ORG AND TYPE “BUNGALOW APPLICATION REQUEST” IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE EMAIL.
Location of New Units
The new units will be located within the current hotel ‘Krynycia’. They will consist of converted existing ground floor units with their existing separate entrances from the outside at the front of the building. Individual selection of a particular unit available for conversion shall be determined by the order of a member’s selection within the lottery.
One or more of the front rooms (1-8) in Krynycia will be combined with the respective back rooms (9-12) to form two-room units. The construction will include elimination of the ground-level hallway, with the back walls of the front rooms removed to extend through the hallway and into the adjacent rear rooms on the south side of the building.
Construction will include complete remodeling with new bathrooms/showers and a small kitchenette area for a compact refrigerator and microwave, with plumbing and electric to be updated. There will be no stove, oven or cook top. Attached are two schematic drawings, not to scale, which are meant to be an illustration of the proposed possible layouts, and which are subject to change at any time as circumstances may dictate in the sole and absolute discretion of Oselia. It is anticipated that remodeling shall begin upon selection at the lottery with units available for occupancy no later than the beginning of the 2013 season. Units completed sooner may be made available at a pro rata rate for the balance of the 2012 season.
We are hoping for an overwhelming response to our proposal so that we may effectively pursue additional seasonal residence opportunities at Oselia. Essentially, it is our goal to develop Oselia as a true ‘Sumivsky Village’ for our active members and their families to enjoy as we continue our work in nurturing our youth within the principals of “God and Ukraine”.
If you would like to participate, please download an application, complete the application and send along with the required check for $15,000 made out to “UAYA Camp” by mail to: UAYA-Camp, “Bungalow Project”, 8853 Route 209, Ellenville, NY 12428.
|The honor of Ukraine!||Ready to defend!
Two of the possible lay-outs contemplated: